|Space in the program is limited and exclusively for highly qualified college students from any major who demonstrate an interest in business and leadership.|
|The program fee includes full room and board at campus dormitories, ground transportation and all activities (air fare not included). Total program fee is $3,500 USD|
|UPON COMPLETION, STUDENTS ARE ISSUED A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION IN THE ACCELERATED BUSINESS LEADERS PROGRAM FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS.|
|For more information and to submit your application, email us at -|
|DAY 1, SUN||DAY 8, SUN|
|LAX Pickup & Registration||Theme Park Day|
|DAY 2, MON||DAY 9, MON|
|Orientation & MGT 404||Golf Instruction, Business Etiquette (MGT 402) & Company Visit|
|DAY 3, TUES||DAY 10, TUES|
|MGT 404 Full Day||MGT 402 & Graduate Program Application Workshop|
|DAY 4, WED||DAY 11, WED|
|MGT 402 & Company Visit||UCLA, USC Campus Visit/ Program Exploration|
|DAY 5, THURS||DAY 12, THURS|
|Team Building & MGT 402||MGT 404 Full day|
|DAY 6, FRI||DAY 13, FRI|
|Community Service & Mayor’s Tour||MGT 404 & Awards & Farewell|
|DAY 7, SAT||DAY 14, SAT|
|Shopping & Day of Exploration||Depart for LAX|
|Management 404 is an opening workshop to the MBA program that aims to provide students with an introduction to management, which concerns the planning, organizing, and problem solving of organizational resources in order to accomplish organizational goals. The workshop is designed around the assessment and development of four core managerial skills: communication, leadership, teamwork, and ethical decision making. We approach these skills from three perspectives: a focus on the leader, the team and the system.|
|Through course topics and assignments, we aim to achieve the following:|
• Develop an awareness of the knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary to effective leadership.
• Identify key interpersonal and team skills to high performing teams.
• Learn how to provide and receive behavioral feedback.
• Develop personal action plans for short- and long- term managerial development.
|Management 402 develops critical career management skills through greater understanding of abilities, preferences, and job search resources. Lessons will boost students’ proficiency in career- enhancing techniques such as resume building, networking, interviewing, & salary negotiation. Instructors provide hands-on learning in collaboration with industry professionals.|
|Upon completion the students will:|
• Learn how to manage the development of their own careers.
• Recognize current management trends
• Understand current employment requirements.
• Become familiar with relevant work and internship search strategies
• Network in person and via social media outlets.
• Recognize and implement effective job search strategies in various industries
• Present their ideas clearly at job and internship interviews.